The hands-on workshops that each girl participates in during EYH are the focus of the conference. Workshops are mostly run by student volunteers.
The deadline to submit a workshop proposal for EYH 2020 is 5pm on Friday, November 22, 2019.
Are you interested in leading a workshop but are not sure about where to start? Do you want to get some feedback on your workshop application?
Then come to our office hours at the Big Red Barn on:
- Monday, Nov. 11th, 10am-11am
- Tuesday, Nov. 12th, 2pm-3pm
- Wednesday, Nov. 13th, 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Monday, Nov. 18th, 10am-11am
- Tuesday, Nov. 19th, 2pm-3pm
- Wednesday, Nov. 20th, 5:30pm-6:30pm
Please read this cover letter carefully before filling out the application: PDF
Please access and complete the 2020 workshop application form at: https://forms.gle/8FSJdfGBustu4F1t8
If you're unsure of what makes a good EYH workshop application, have a look at these examples:
What about buying materials?
If you need anything bought for your workshop, here is some necessary info:
- NEVER, EVER buy things with your own money expecting to be reimbursed later!!
- Workshop leaders should use the Workshop Account Expense Approval Form 2020 for ANYTHING you want bought for your workshop.
- Demo leaders should use the Demo Account Expense Approval Form 2020 for ANYTHING you want bought for your demo.
- Use one form per vendor, and list each item number on the form, along with quantity, color, and any other pertinent information.
- Vendors should be Cornell preferred vendors whenever possible.
- This should be done for EVERY PURCHASE and emailed to the Finance chair. He/She will then purchase it for you.
- The ONLY exception is if you are buying things from the Chemistry stockroom or the Cornell Store, where you can use the EYH account number to acquire goods. Contact the Finance chair to get this account number.
Example Expense Approval Forms
Resources for Workshop Leaders
Examples of Previous Workshops
- 2018 Workshop Descriptions
- 2017 Workshop Descriptions
- 2016 Workshop Descriptions
- 2015 Workshop Descriptions
- 2014 Workshop Descriptions
- 2013 Workshop Descriptions
- 2012 Workshop Descriptions
- 2011 Workshop Descriptions
- 2010 Workshop Descriptions
- 2009 Workshop Descriptions
- 2008 Workshop Descriptions
- 2007 Workshop Descriptions