The three hands-on workshops that each girl participates in during EYH are the focus of the conference. Workshops are mostly run by student volunteers.
EYH is now accepting workshop applications for EYH 2013. The deadline to submit a workshop proposal is November 1, 2012.
Please read this cover letter carefully before filling out the application: PDF
If you're unsure of what makes a good EYH workshop application, have a look at these examples:
What about buying materials?
If you need anything bought for your workshop, here is some necessary info:
- NEVER, EVER buy things with your own money expecting to be reimbursed later!!
- The Account Expense Approval Form should be used for ANYTHING you want bought for your workshop.
- Use one form per vendor, and list each item number on the form, along with quantity, color, and any other pertinent information.
- Vendors should be Cornell preferred vendors whenever possible.
- This should be done for EVERY PURCHASE and emailed to Jenny Novotney (jln65-at-cornell.edu). I will then purchase it for you.
- The ONLY exception is if you are buying things from the Chemistry stockroom or the Cornell Store, where you can use the EYH account number to acquire goods. Contact Jenny Novotney (jln65-at-cornell.edu) to get this account number.
Resources for Workshop Leaders
Examples of Previous Workshops
- 2012 Workshop Descriptions
- 2011 Workshop Descriptions
- 2010 Workshop Descriptions
- 2009 Workshop Descriptions
- 2008 Workshop Descriptions
- 2007 Workshop Descriptions