Comments from Previous Years
- I love science and coming to EYH with my friends
- I’m starting to like science
- I want to be a vet and go to college here
- I want to do my own experiments now
- 91% of the girls that attended believed that this conference has influenced their interest in math & science!
- I’m more excited about math and science now and I feel that it has fostered more interest for my daughter too. It has opened new doors.
- Normally do household improvements with my son. No reason not to have my daughter help
- It’s a wonderful experience for these girls to see what opportunity is out there – more than even I knew about.
- Have brought both of my daughters for the last 6 years, keep it going and I’ll bring my granddaughter someday.
- My daughter now wants to study marine biology!
- I never liked science but when I came here I really liked it a lot.
- Keep this conference going. It is so interesting and fun. Also, it is the best day of the year for me.
- I loved this experience.
- I really enjoyed this. Thank you for offering spots to my school.
- This was a very good experience for me and I hope to do it again next year.
- The teachers were great and fun to work with!
- All of the hands-on experiments helped me to understand things more. Plus, actually doing this is way more fun than just listening to lectures.
- I absolutely loved this conference and hope to come next year!
- Never stop doing this program!
- I recommend this conference to everybody! I loved it.
- Very awesome! I learned a lot about ornithology.
- I really enjoyed this conference and it helped me to decide that I really want a career in science.
- EYH was a great experience.
- I can't thank everyone enough for a wonderful day. This workshop, I have no doubt, will always be remembered by our middle school girls, their parents and their educators.
- [My daughter] has been to science programs before, but nothing that was so well run. The program did exactly what it was intended to do..... spur interest. Our child has always been curious...I am soooo happy to see the sparkle in her eyes, her energy, and excitement for science. PLEASE THANK ALL of the TEAM for us.
- The very positive role models for women in science gave the girls good exposure to different opportunities.
- I wish I had this in middle school!
- EYH motivated me to have my girls attend more science conferences in the future.
- As a teacher, I can't thank everyone enough who made this workshop possible. This was so motivational for the girls.
- I just wanted to let you know that I had such a great experience with the EYH conference: the girl I chaperoned even wanted to be pen pals! It was very rewarding, and I really want to do it again next year!
- EYH has made me want to push myself more to excel in math and science
so I can expand my horizons.
- What I liked best was getting the chance to interact with other girls
that are interested in math and science as much as I am.
- EYH helped me realize how math and science is very important in
almost every career.
- I have learned that math and science are vitally important to the way
we live our lives.
- I now have a new found love for science, I love the experiments I
have done so far & what I have learned.
- EYH makes me love math and science.
- I am a teacher, and these classes are great for these girls. They go
in quiet and anxious, and come out excited about what they have seen. I never knew how much was out there for the kids to learn just how
much math and science influence everything we do in our lives. It has helped me to promote the importance of math and science in my
daughter's career choices.
- "Math/science" was not a strong interest for me as a young student so
when talking with my daughter about her future I realized I tended to
think along the lines of my interests - not hers - which is science
(animal science specifically). This conference has really helped me
to talk with her more easily - your parent folder packet is an
- I realize math and science are actually really fun and exciting, and
I'd love to do EYH again!
- I think the workshops worked well; I really learned a lot.
- I enjoyed having the chance to learn about things not normally
discussed in school.
- EYH was positive and encouraging.
- EYH made me think twice about.different jobs in math and science, and
- I liked doing it instead of just reading about it.
- I learned a lot and this conference helped me decide what I might
- want to do in the future.
- I loved learning about the different types of math and science.
- Sometimes you used mathematical/science skills without realizing you
- This was a wonderful day! All of the workshop leaders were fantastic
and the buddies were incredible!!
- EYH helps a lot towards knowing how to communicate the importance of
advanced education for my child.
- Very inspirational: [my daughter and I] learned a great deal!
- "It was so interesting that I might have found what I want to do as a profession when I get older." - 8th grader, Canandaigua Middle School
- "I loved meeting the people and being exposed to branches of science I never knew existed." - 8th grader, Pierre van Cortlandt
- "It was very organized and everyone was friendly and the workshops were really fun!" - 8th grader, Graperville Christian
- "I liked learning new things I never thought about before." - 7th grader, Warwick Valley Middle School
- "I liked being exposed to college female scientists who were enthusiastic." - 8th grader, Canandaigua Middle School
- "I liked how it made math and science fun!" - 8th grader, Otto Shortell Middle School
- "Everything is exceptionally done. Attention to detail is outstanding."
- "This was a wonderful experience. I appreciate all the time that was spent organizing an event this large. A HUGE Thank you."
- "It was an excellent opportunity for my students and I look forward to bringing them back next year!"
- "Organization was flawless."
- "Professors are an inspiration. Their sharing of personal experiences lent a real life insight into a career in science. Thank you!"
- "EYH is hands-down the most informative, well-organized and intelligent conference on any scale."
- "I liked all the workshops - I thought that they were very good. They
encouraged me to take science and math. The people were very helpful."
- "I learned that math and science are IMPORTANT in the future."
- "It really opened my eyes to what I could really do when I get
older ... the workshops were a lot of fun."
- "I liked the fact that it's all girls because sometimes boys just
act stupid. Girl Power!"
- "The excitement and enthusiasm of the EYH grad students was contagious."
- "The volunteers were outstanding and the whole conference was VERY well
- "It was wonderful for me as a parent to see my daughter get so excited
- "A wonderful mother/daughter experience."
- "The most organized, informative, student-friendly conference I have
- "I liked learning new things. It had a lot of impact on how I feel about science."
- "I liked being able to do things instead of just reading about it."
- "I learned different ways to strategize and make quick decisions."
- "What a gift to the girls in the community."
- "A great opportunity for students and also adults; I learned some things that I hadn't explored before."
- "I think this is an awesome idea. Keep up the good work."